Welcome to 8th grade Science!
Hi! I am excited for this 2014-2015 school year. This year in science class, we will be focusing mainly on the students learning science content, on their own and in groups, through the use of many engaging and meaningful hands on activities. Parents and guardians will also be incorporated in the learning through student parent reflections, where your student will be explaining to you, important science content they are learning in class. You will take part in their learning by not only listening to their explanations and reading their paragraphs they wrote, but you will also have to write your own summary of their lesson. This allows you to know what is occurring and what the students are learning in their science class.
I am a graduate of the University of Texas El Paso where I earned my Bachelors of Science degree in Biology. I received my teacher alternative certification through Region 19. I am certified to teach middle school science. This is my 7th year as a middle school science teacher.
If you ever need to reach me, please do not ever hesitate to call or stop by! My conference time is from 12:25 to 1:00pm.
WE AGREE TO:
1. Respect ourselves, each other, the teacher, and our classroom.
2. Come to class prepared and on time.
3. Follow directions or ask if not understood.
4. Not use electronic devices, unless otherwise allowed by the teacher.
5. Be responsible for our own learning.
1. Verbal warning
2. Parent contact and lunch detention to include student behavioral improvement plan
3. Parent Contact; parent teacher conference