Welcome to Choir Class!
Hello, my name is Jennifer Castro and I am the choir director at Guillen Middle School for 6th, 7th & 8th grade!!!
In my class, students will learn different vocal techniques for singing aside from music theory, sight reading notation and the Kodaly hand sign method. I strongly believe that dedication and practice will lead to success. My philosophy is that everyone can sing with the right instruction!!!
I have been working with the El Paso Independent School District for 3 years. I graduated from the University of Texas at El Paso in 2011. I earned a degree of Music in Vocal Performance and later on I obtain my Music EZ-12 certification with the Texas ACP. Before working with the El Paso ISD I was an active performer and a private voice teacher. I performed with El Paso Opera in several productions. I was vocal coach for the Wikaraame Choir for the Wold Choir Games in Vienna Austria. Also, I’ve performed as a soloist with orchestras around Mexico, France, the United States and Canada.
If you need to contact me, my office hours are Monday through Friday from 10:17 to 11:02 in room 88, or you can schedule an appointment with me at (915)236-4900
1. Be prompt: Be in your seats, not walking in, when the bell rings.
2. Be prepared: Bring all materials-music, assignments, pencil-every day.
3. Be polite: Don’t talk when the teacher or a peer is talking, raise your hand to speak, and respect others and their property.
4. Be productive: Remain on task at all times.
5. Be personable: Be friendly and treat others as you would like to be treated.
Attached is the Class' syllabus where you can find and download all information, rules, expectations and consequences about choir class for this 2014-15 school year.
GRIZZLIES CHOIR Syllabus.docx